By accessing “Bipolar World ONLINE” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, "Bipolar World", “Bipolar World ONLINE”, “https://bipolarworld.org”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “Bipolar World ONLINE”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “Bipolar World ONLINE” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Limited”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “GNU General Public License v2” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions; phpBB Limited is not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: https://www.phpbb.com/.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Bipolar World ONLINE” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Bipolar World ONLINE” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “Bipolar World ONLINE” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Bipolar World (bipolarworld.net and its sub-domains) is a site privately owned and operated strictly by volunteers. We strive to offer concise and verifiable information about disorders in the Bipolar spectrum, however we do not offer any professional guidance. Do not use the information in this web site, in any way, to replace the advice of the doctor or other qualified professional who is caring for you. Always talk to your doctor before changing medications or dosage, or if you experience any serious side effects or questions regarding your health. Do not attempt to diagnose yourself based on the information presented, or attempt to treat yourself.
All interactive areas within the Bipolar World website operate on a peer to peer basis. The site owners, partners, chat operators and supervisors, forum moderators and supervisors, and email group moderators and supervisors, are all volunteers. Our volunteers offer their empathy, support, and information based on their own personal experience living with the illness (and this can vary from one person with bipolar disorder to another).
Bipolar World accepts no responsibility for information posted in our chat rooms, forums, email list, or in emails. The opinions expressed in articles within our site are those of the writers, and may not reflect the opinion of Bipolar World. We are not responsible for the content within external websites that are linked to or from Bipolar World. We retain the right to reject materials that we feel are inappropriate, or to ban individuals whose behavior is likewise inappropriate within the interactive areas.
All individuals with Bipolar Disorder are welcome within our community at their own discretion and at their own risk. Upon entrance to Bipolar World, and upon use of any of its information and/or interactive areas, you agree to release and hold harmless Bipolar World, its owners, partners, and all of its volunteer representatives from any and all damages and liabilities that may arise from your participation at our online support sites located at https://bipolarworld.net or its sub-domains.
Guidelines for Bipolar World
(“Bipolar World ONLINE” at “https://bipolarworld.org”)
The goal of all interactive pages within the Bipolar World community is the comfort and safety of all who choose to participate. As such, you accept the following guidelines while using this board:
1. Treat each other with respect, treat each other as you would like to be treated yourself. Flaming, hostility or harassment will not be tolerated.
2. Every member is entitled to privacy if he/she chooses. Share only what you feel comfortable sharing.
3. The forum has provided areas for your individual needs, areas for jokes, or lighthearted topics, areas for those struggles that are heavy ... please keep post in the areas provided.
4. If you are suicidal, please call 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) or 9-1-1.
5. Difficult or trigger topics such as self-injury, abuse, alcohol, etc. Please add a Trigger to the header of your post. It is important that we remember not to share threatening plans for the safety of others. Instead call for help.
7. No foul language permitted. The board manager(s) or administrator(s) will warn and remove words that are offensive. Continued use can cause you to be banned.
8. As non-professionals we cannot and must not give medical advice including encouraging people to change and/or add a medication etc.
9. We reserve the right to remove or ban you from the forum for violating any of the above guidelines or for any other behavior which is deemed to be inappropriate for our forum.
10. Be mindful not to engage in controversial subject matter which fuels debate and/or outright arguments. Examples of this type of subject matter is religion, politics, etc. Everyone has their own opinions and/or beliefs. Please be respectful.
11. Finally, we retain the right to update and revise these guidelines as we see fit.